This Now & Then is taken from the end of Swan Road Looking in the direction of the railway bridge. In both photos you can see the large building on the left which was originally constructed in 1933 as the new Post Office building. Uses in more recent times have included commercial retail as well as its recent conversion into Student Accomodation. Many of the other buildings on Station Road remain the same. R Whitley & Co opened up in 1938 at 3 Broadway Parade (on the right hand side of the photo - currently PRS Exchange) and later moved to 40 Station Road on the other side of the road in 1953.
See more of our Now & Then's on our social media channels:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RWhitleyCo/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rwhitleyco/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RWhitleyCo
- You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuieQxzW0bfg6kxKqg-qGlA
- Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user93627774